221B Tactical is a 4 year old soaring company founded by a Police Officer who came up with a one of a kind product to fill a gap that we have had in our profession for years. 221B Tactical developed the Maxx-Dri Vest in a 1.0, 2.0 and the most recent 3.0 version which are all a light weight plexus vest that goes under your ballistic armor as a layer between your vest and body to help avoid heat, moisture, sweat and that funk feel between your vest and your skin.
I received the Maxx-Dri Vest 3.0 for this review. This version has side closures just like a ballistic vest and Velcro shoulder straps that allow you to attach it to the vest that you wear underneath your shirt or your external vest carrier. I attached it to my issued vest carrier and immediately felt a difference in lack of any heavy feeling that I normally felt on my shoulders where the vest rests. In addition to wearing my Maxx-Dri Vest while on patrol, I wore it during SWAT training using a plate carrier as well a tactical vest. On all of these occasions during September we reached a heat wave in the 90’s with high humidity and I was pleasantly surprised feeling a cool breeze down my back while driving, standing outside and training during SWAT, all in which was very refreshing. What I felt was the air as if flowed though the patented dual chambered plexus mesh that makes up the Maxx-Dri Vest. Another mention is that the mesh is anti-microbial, anti-fungal and easy to clean by tossing it into the washer followed by air drying which is a huge bonus in my opinion.
The Maxx_Dri Vest was first brought to my attention years ago by my wife which regrettably I dismissed any further research or discussion on the product. Don’t be that guy! I highly recommend the Maxx-Dri Vest! This is not just a vest to be worn underneath ballistic armor with potential applications being endless such as wearing a Maxx-Dri Vest underneath hockey, football, baseball, motocross, rugby or horseback riding safety equipment to mention a few.
Fun Fact: 221B Tactical takes its name from the address of no other then Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock Holmes was a fictional detective in books written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and lived on 221B Baker Street. From 1886 to 1927 Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote books and short stories about Holmes’ adventures. There have even been recent Hollywood movies about him. In the book “the Sign of the Four”, written in 1890 Holmes said “when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth”. There began 221B Tactical’s slogan: Eliminate the Impossible.
Over 85,000 Maxx-Dri Vests have sold throughout the world in just 4 years, this is something that you definitely want to put on your must have list!! The price of the Maxx-Dri Vests start at $69.99 for the 1.0 version up to $99.99 for the 3.0 version.
- Patented Full Maxx-Dri Construction (Maxximum body armor ventilation)
- NEW patented dual-chambered design for increased cooling/ventilation
- NEW Velcro side closures fo easy donning and doffing
- New stay-put grip technology prevents your Maxx-Dri vest from shifting
- Triple reinforced stitching form Maxximum strength and durability
- Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer defects (does not include wear)
- Full 360 degree coverage everywhere you body armor rests
- Velcro shoulder straps allow you to keep it secured to your body armor
- Anti-microbial and Anti-fungal
- Does not retain moisture
- Anti-gravity effect helps reduce neck/back pain and fatigue
- A decrease in likelihood of developing dangerous skin rashes and infections
- A less stinky undershirt and a less sweat-soaked body armor carrier to bring home to launder
- An overall feeling of comfort by having your ballistic vest feel lighter on your body
- T.O.A. Member tested and recommended
I received this product as a courtesy from the manufacturer via Spotter Up so I could test it and give my honest feedback. I am not bound by any written, verbal, or implied contract to give this product a good review. All opinions are my own and are based off my personal experience with the product.
*The views and opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Spotter Up Magazine, the administrative staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.