By: David Holzinger
Photos: Grace Holzinger
Elite Survival Systems, Stealth is a well thought out backpack. It is designed to covertly carry a rifle out in public and not draw attention to yourself. The Stealth is made of a lightweight nylon and comes in black/gray, gray/orange and indigo/gray (as tested). Even the colors chosen blend into everyday life.
The backpack has three compartments secured with heavy duty zippers with quiet and easy to pull tabs. The main compartment is where you’re able to place your rifle broken down. Both the upper and lower can be strapped down so they don’t move about while being covertly carried. If you have an SBR or a 16 inch rifle with a folding stock you can carry it intact inside and available for smooth withdraw and quick use. There is also a handgun pocket inside that closes with velcro for opening with ease when needed.
The accessory compartment is in the middle of the backpack has velco and PALS webbing for customization where you’re able to place rifle and pistol magazine pouches, first aid kits, tourniquets, knives, tomahawks or whatever you need to carry on with your mission.
The outermost compartment is more like a traditional backpack accessory compartment with pouches, pockets and areas to place your everyday small items and on either side there are water bottle pouches that are easy to reach and easy to use.
The S shaped shoulder straps are comfortable and well padded, easy to put on and to take off. There is a sternum strap to cinch the shoulder straps tighter across you body if needed as well as a removable waist strap that has zippered pickets to carry the backpack snugly across your waist with a quick release buckle.
With great padding on the back of the Stealth you do not have to worry about your rifle jamming up against your body and the separation in between the padding allows for airflow when in warmer climates.
I used my Stealth for weeks. I live in a multi unit condo association where I have to walk from my building to my car in a large parking lot and I like how I can carry my rifle to and from work without anyone knowing what is inside my Stealth. I can fit my Sig516 with the stock folded inside without any issues. If you have an AK or variant with an under-folder stock, it too will fit without any issues inside the Stealth and with the straps provided if your able to break down any long gun that will fit inside the roomy 25 X 12 X 3 inch compartment.
I liked the Stealth so much, that I bought it at the end of my review. The MSRP is $224.95.
- Lightweight nylon exterior provides a discreet, sports-pack style
- Concealed weapon backpack is made with 500 denier nylon inside for maximum durability
- Entire main compartment is lined with velcro loop for complete customization
- Adjustable tie-down system and muzzle sleeve to secure weapon
- Quick-access handgun compartment
- Padded sides and bottom to protect firearms
- Accessory compartment has both velco and PALS webbing adding pouches
- Mesh pocket adds visibility for parts, etc.
- Front compartment has admin panel for paperwork, ID, keys, etc.
- S-shaped backpack straps, sternum strap and molded carry handle
- Heavy-duty #10 covered zippers with quiet easy-pull tabs
- Removable waist strap with zippered pockets and quick-release buckle
- Vented back panel with lumbar support
- Adjustable compression straps
- Bottle pockets on both sides
- Weight: 4.375 lbs. Dimensions: 25” x 12” x 9”
- Patent pending
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this product as a courtesy form the manufacturer via Spotter Up to use and provide my honest feedback. I am not bound by any written, verbal, or implied contract to give this product a good review. All opinions are my own and based off my personal experience with the product.
*The views and opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Spotter Up Magazine, the administrative staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.