Spotter Up was fortunate to review some high quality gear from TUFF Products recently, including the SCE CARB which is a low-profile carbine case, capable of carrying at least two full size ARs broken down, or compact rifles loaded and ready to rock.
Gun owners and bags go together like peanut butter and jelly. Everyone needs to carry their guns in something, and the most common and affordable options all tend to advertise pretty strongly that they contain guns within them, and half of them are cheap construction with no real attention to human ergonomics or durability in the design. I have some nice, simple, plain looking pistol cases i picked up at the local gun show, but every long gun or carbine carrying case i have is either covered in mag pouches, buckles or molle webbing, and comes in tactical colors like desert tan, OD green or camouflage patterns. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but sometimes its nice to walk from your house to your car without advertising you have an AR-15 in your bag. Finding a carbine case that blends high quality construction and smart designs with a low-profile, low-visibility aesthetic is not really an easy task. Well feast your eyes on this new product from TUFF.
The SCE CARB, designed with Steve Fisher of Sentinel Concepts is a high quality carbine bag which will protect your carbines while allowing you to carry them easily without drawing unwanted attention. The bags are sturdy construction and relatively innocuous in their aesthetics. Size, shape and available colors all are more reminiscent of a DJ carrying audio equipment than a gun enthusiast or law enforcement.
Here are the details from the TUFF Products website:
- Designed with a removable “Lid” to cover the firearm when you don’t want people to see what you have . Or if you want to carry multiples you can use it as a divider.
- The CARB has an Overall Length of 25.5″ and 11.5″ width.
- The Thickness ranges from 3″-6″ with a built in Zippered Extension.
- The Back has a Zippered pouch with 2 removable Straps for Back Pack Carry. They are easily attached and detached with the TUFF Hooks.
- You will also get 5 Velcro Fastening attachments to allow you to secure the firearm to your bag. They are adjustable length, and can be trimmed to fit your specific gun.
- The Front Zippered Pouch allows you to carry additional magazines. Inside the pouch you will see 2 Velcro Elastic AR and Pistol Mag Holders.
- Along the entire length of the bag there is also a Zippered pouch in the interior for paperwork and targets as well as other items.
- The CARB is Currently available in 9 Non Tactical Colors: Burnt Orange, Black, Ranger Green, Teal, Olive Drab, Navy Blue, Red, Purple and Coal Gray and Sand Tan!
Final Thoughts and Rating:
Oh boy i love this bag. I don’t normally get super excited about bags but the quality of the materials, construction and most importantly the thought that went in the design of this bag are worth getting excited about. The bag costs $150 direct from TUFF and i believe they make them to order, so pick your color and go get one. Yes its more expensive but when i compare this bag to the crappy $50 double rifle case i have, this one is easily three times better at least. This bag blows every other rifle carrying case i have out of the water and when i put it on my backseat, its nice to know that it doesn’t scream “i have a gun” at first glance. Finally, if you haven’t tried any TUFF Products yet, i highly recommend them for your firearms and shooting kit needs, they make very fine high-quality products and they are also really good people.
Comfort (if applicable): 5
Overall Rating: 5/5
The scale is defined as:
Poor/unacceptable (1): Worse than expected, or desirable; of a low or inferior standard or quality.
Fair (2): In conformity with reasonable expectations, but in comparison to competitors is may be deficient
Average (3): Common item; item neither lacks from or is superior than a competitors item.
Good (4): The item is desirable and has qualities that excel in comparison to a competitors item
Excellent (5): Outstanding, possesses superior quality; remarkably good
I received this product as a courtesy from the manufacturer via Spotter Up so I could test it and give my honest feedback. I am not bound by any written, verbal, or implied contract to give this product a good review. All opinions are my own and are based off my personal experience with the product.
*The views and opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Spotter Up Magazine, the administrative staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.