I was trying to think of what group this review should be geared towards; soldiers that are deploying, preppers, outdoor enthusiasts. The list was getting long when I realized the problem was actually in coming up with who I didn’t think this kit would be a solid investment for.
Admittedly, as a nurse I’m probably biased towards being prepared for medical emergencies. I’m not talking end of days, zombie apocalypse type of emergency (though this product would probably help in those situations as well). I’m talking about when you’re driving down the road and you come across an accident. Or how about when you’re hiking with some buddies and someone takes a fall? Or if you’re in the desert and your buddy takes a round that goes through his vest?
You see, we all have medical emergencies at some point in our lives. That’s what makes this kit impossible to specialize to one specific audience; I honestly believe that every home should be equipped with a kit like this. A basic medical emergency kit is just a good essential to have around, regardless of who you are or what you do. And this is a darned good kit for the job.
Chase Tactical teamed up with North American Rescue to put this kit together. With two great companies like that, you know what you’re getting is a high quality purpose driven product. The contents are the same as what is used in the Tactical Combat Casualty Care course. It’s the basic pre-hospital emergency management kit that can make the difference between whether you or your loved one makes it to the hospital for treatment in an emergency, or not. Here’s what comes inside:
- 1- 7.25” Trauma Shears; Anyone in emergency medicine’s best friend. Cut away clothing to expose a wound, cut gauze or an occlusive dressing to size, you name it.
- 1- C.A.T. Tourniquet; Because an emergency kit without a tourniquet is really just a booboo pouch.
- 1- 28F Nasophayngeal Airway; Secures the airway so you don’t have to worry about it when you move on to other wounds.
- 1 pair Bear Clam nitrile gloves; Don’t go putting your hands into another person’s mess without a good pair of gloves on.
- 1- 1” Durapore surgical tape; Easy to tear off pieces, but almost impossible to accidentally rip off.
- 1- Hyfin vent chest seal, twin pack; Comes as a twin pack to cover entry and exit wounds. Specially designed to stick regardless of sweat, hair, or blood on the surface.
- 1- Z fold combat gauze; to control bleeding.
- 1- 4” Emergency Trauma Dressing, ETD; Probably my favorite aspect of the kit, this no-nonsense pressure dressing can control bleeding with no training and very little thought involved. This is an essential for medical and non-medical personnel alike.
The list price on this kit is $137.00. If you’re interested in picking one up, or checking out any of their other gear, head over to https://www.chasetactical.com/
Material Disclosure: I received this IFAK from Spotter Up via Chase Tactical and was not required to publish a positive review.