We’ve been talking about it for a while. We are now seeing the shift towards functional denim and we’ll soon see it in a lot of other clothing come next year.
Hi tech fabric is being incorporated into denim and soon other types of clothing will follow. Nike has filed a patent for “architecturally reinforced denim” that will provide “high tenacity and/or moisture management and/or stretch materials.”
Nike already does some incredible shoes such as their Flyknit line using knit construction but they are looking to make an impact in fashion culture with denim for extreme sports athletes such as skateboarders. Denim users from all different kinds of cultures will grab these up for certain. Competitive shooters, preppers, protective agents are just some buyers that would be happy to purchase ‘flex’ denim or ‘tactical’ denim. In other words denim that can be used for running, kneeling, kicking, and using for concealed weapon carry.
Back in the day they relied on gussets
Under Armour has led the way with tech infused clothing and more companies will follow. American Eagle Outfitters Inc offered a Flex Fit denim for students going back to school. I purchased a pair. Sweat pants, yoga pants are popular but flex denim will offer an alternative.
Helikon-Tex makes what they call Urban Tactical Pants Denim for about $80.00
- 80% Cotton/19% Polyester/1% Spandex
- Unique US and EU patented design – A well-known, Helikon-Tex best seller
- Thanks to its 2-way elastic fabric, you get a comfortable, slim look with an increased range of motion without unnecessary stress on its seams. Its stretchable waist gives you up to 2 additional inches for improved comfort
- Its lightweight and breathable materials provide an increased comfort during prolonged use in a magnitude of different climates
- The casual, low profile design combined with the jeans look gives the versatility and capabilities to fulfill the needs of professional users while in an urban setting
- It has a perfect, patented pocket arrangement for carrying all your essential equipment in an organized discrete fashion without losing your tactical advantage.
Condor makes a jean they market as the Condor Cipher Tactical Jean for about $50.00
Engineered for the urban operator in mind, the Condor Cipher pants blends modern aesthetic with technical performance. Constructed with lightweight quick-drying stretch fabric to ensure 24/7 comfort, micro mesh pocket liner to boost breathability, and a gusseted crotch for enhanced maneuverability. The Condor Cipher balances performance and comfort for the challenges ahead.
|Notifications||Materials: 97% Nylon/ 3% Spandex|
5.11 markets a jean they call the Defender Tactical Jeans for around $70.00
*The views and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Spotter Up Magazine, the administrative staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.
Motorcycle jeans made with Kevlar would definitely get a boost with Nike and Under Armour created more robust materials.