The Evergoods project is a project found on Kickstarter and its by Jack Barley and Kevin Dee. This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by
Barley is co-founder and former Head of Product at GORUCK where he worked on all facets of product development from design, quality control, to manufacturing. He oversaw every product creation (to include the launch of a USA made line of active apparel) in GORUCK’s history before leaving the company in January 2016.
Dee taught himself the sewing trade and worked as a sample maker for several years at Patagonia outdoor apparel. He then transitioned to Patagonia’s advanced R&D Center known as the Forge, where he further expanded his knowledge of raw materials, tools and construction techniques with a solid grounding in mass production.
1% of their gross revenue will go towards their efforts protecting open spaces and cultivating the trails in and around Bozeman, MT. They will do all product development in house and by hand and believe it is only possible with the proper tools and machinery.
Funding on Kickstarter will allow them to:
- Build the design brief
- Source and begin testing all raw material and trim needs
- Explore the brief via 2d line illustrations
- Work with card stock paper to build 3D models (as many rounds as needed, review then sign off)
- Use 3D models as starting point to create patterns
- Cut fabric and build first sample
- Test in the field
- Review sample 1
- Explore any adjustments via 3D models
- Transfer adjustments into patterns
- Cut fabric and sew second sample
- Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
Funding gives the backer of the project the opportunity to get a pack or packs for a reduced retail price.
1. Pick a COMBINATION PACKAGE reward level
2. At checkout add the Early Bird price of the additional backpack you want to your total (CPL24 – Early Bird $209, MPL30 Early Bird – $239)
3. Evergoods will confirm your order after the campaign via survey and collect any outstanding shipping costs