First segment of the fundamentals…keep standing by for more in the series!
Malcom Gladwell surmised in his book “Outliers” it takes 10,000 hours training in your discipline of choice to become an expert. Find one of those #trustedagents and pick their brains, hire them to train you. Now, on to the subject at hand. There are plenty of Shooters out there that do not consider Bullseye Shooting part of their repertoire. I submit to you, if you follow the easy Mantra of #aimsmallmisssmall while putting all of the fundamentals of pistol marksmanship, you will get better at long range which transfers to close range. In addition, do you zero your pistol? Why not? If so, at what range? Stand by for more on why it is important to zero your handgun.
Christopher “Dutch” Moyer
SGM USA (Ret)
31 years served in the Unites States Army 26 of which were Special Operations Command/JSOC operator. Joined the Army in 1981 as an Armor Crewman and took a temporary break in 1986 and stayed affiliated with 19th Special Forces Group. Re-Joined 1991 went straight into Infantry, 1st/75th Ranger Battalion and on to various higher level jobs in the Unites States Army Special Operations Command.
- Planned and conducted small unit tactics in support of Unconventional Warfare, Special Reconnaissance, and Foreign Internal Defense and Direct Action missions.
- Took part in over 1000 of successful combat assaults in classified and unclassified missions in Afghanistan and Iraq.
- Trained and participated in training Task Force partners (FBI HRT/Ranger Regiment/SAS/SASR/KSK/FSK/JTF2/U.S. Border Patrol) to include indigenous forces of Columbia, Thailand, Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait
- Trained Domestic Federal LE, United Kingdom, Australian, Canadian, New Zealander, German and Norwegian K9 Forces
- Operations Sergeant Major / Task Force Liaison Officer / Team Leader/K9 Handler/Operator Team Member
- Infantryman / Team Leader / Squad Leader / Platoon Sergeant
- K9 Program Manager USSOCOM
- Proficient in Pistol/Rifle/SAW MG/M240 MG/Carl Gustav AT gun and many various makes and models of small arms (to include foreign weapons) and crew served weapons.
Schools: U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy, Infantryman Basic and Advanced Noncommissioned Officer School (NCO), Jungle Operators Course, Military Freefall Parachutist, Pathfinder, Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape (SERE) High Risk (Level C), Jumpmaster, Ranger, Airborne, Infantryman, Amor Crewman, Jungle Operations Warfare, Advanced Land Navigation, Sniper, SOT, Combat Lifesaver, Canine Handler, Canine Decoy, ITI, Survival Systems Instruction, 4 Wheel Drive School, Skip Barber Racing School, O’Neil Rally School
Decorations: Egyptian Parachutist Badge, German Parachutist Badge, Royal Thai Parachutist Badge, Pathfinder Badge, Ranger Tab, Parachutist Badge, Free Fall Parachutist Badge, Drivers Badge w/T designator, Combat Infantryman’s Badge, Expert Infantryman’s Badge
Legion of Merit
Bronze Star Medal (x5)
Joint Service Commendation Medal with Valor Device
Army Commendation Medal with Valor Device
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal (x2)
Iraqi Campaign Medal with 4 Campaign Stars
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with Arrowhead
- 1 Year working with Diamondback Tactical Body Armor and Tactical Gear Company as lead Special Operations liaison and design chief.
- Currently owner/Operator at DCM Consulting training the U.S. Air force STTS pipeline in Marksmanship and CQB.
- Working with Department of State as an expert in mobile and static security.
- Working with Kuwaiti MOI on numerous projects regarding marksmanship/CQB/K9
- Working with the KSA on an 8-week Operator/K9 Handler course
- Independent Contractor teaching various Law Enforcement agencies in Pistol/Rifle and Close Quarter Battle
*Of note: While working for the US Army suffered through numerous injuries to include…Broken Neck, Jaw, loss of 6 teeth, 3 back surgeries, broken right leg and ankle, dislocated right elbow, triceps muscle detached on same, Gastrointestinal Stromal Cancer Tumor.
Follow our regular channel at Spotterup on YouTube
Follow our WEBSITE
Follow on Instagram
Visit our STORE
*The views and opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Spotter Up Magazine, the administrative staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.