There are some specific features to keep in mind if you are looking to train with a competition kettle-bell. “Pro Grade”, “Competition”, or “Sport” kettlebells are made to certain proportions. Rather than cast iron they are made of steel. Regardless of the size of the bell they will have the same dimensions. For example: if you use a 40 kg or a 8 kg bell it will always seat in your hand and rest on your arm in the same place. Because of this construction the bell will rest upon your arm the same way and each time will keep your technique consistent. Standard bells as they get bigger and heavier will also have different sized handles. Why do this?
In order to prevent slipping and minimize fatigue the competition bells are a bit slimmer and will allow a good grip for higher repetitions.
- 100% steel construction
- Regulation handle diameter.
- Noncoated and bare steel handles ready for use with chalk.
- No burrs, welds or casting defects-great for grabbing.
- Precise weight.
- Meets American Kettlebell Alliance (AKA), International Union of Kettlebell Lifting (IUKL), International Kettlebell & Fitness Federation (IKFF) and Girevoy Sport Union (GSU) competition standards
- Excellent for high repetition kettlebell lifting due to precision construction.
- Size remains the same regardless of weight
[amazon_link asins=’B00B2XQFF8,B01CTYKXO2,B017WBQMJW,B0065V4DS8,B01FT30P3O,B00B7MAJFQ’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’spoup-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’86a6fe4a-1ebe-11e7-b57a-bf084b26addb’]
Brought to you from the dudes at Spotter Up!