Edgar Brothers is delighted to announce that we have been awarded a Contract to supply the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD) with the Alternative Individual Weapon (AIW) System, following a highly competitive trial process.
The AIW will consist of three elements:
– Rifle System: Rifle and Signature Reduction System
– Optic System: Low Power Variable Optic (LPVO), Mini Red Dot (RDS) and Emergency Back Up Sight (EBS)
– Training System: Safe Blank Firing System (SBFS) and Marker Round Training System (MRTS)
As the Prime Contractor and UK Distributors, Edgar Brothers will be utilising a range of battle-proven products from suppliers from around the world to deliver the chosen solution.
– Knight’s Armament Company (KAC) and their KS-1 Rifle, PRT suppressors, and Safe Blank Firing System (SBFS)
– Vortex Optics and their 1-10x LPVO
– Aimpoint and their ACRO P-2 MRD
– Reptilia and their AUS Mount, ROF 90 Mount, Dot Mount & various other accessories
– Magpul and their PMAG, MBUS PRO EBS and other accessories
– Simunition and their line of FX Conversion Kits and PPE to work with the in-service MRTS ammunition
As part of the initial requirements, the Contract will also include several firm requirements Edgar Brothers must undertake to improve Social Value in the UK, these will cover the five key themes stipulated in The Social Value Model.
Mike Newman, Director of Edgar Brothers, commented, “Project Hunter is an extremely complex programme that pushed the limits of innovation for the modern personal weapon system, yet remained practical for industry to implement. As a testimony to Knights Armament and Edgar Brothers’ dedication, plus our industry partners Vortex, Reptilia, Aimpoint, and Magpul, the KS-1 rifle system was born and has earned recognition after undergoing rigorous testing. The base weapon, combined with market-leading Surveillance Target Acquisition (STA) and ancillaries has now set a new standard.”
Newman continued, “As with every programme we undertake, Edgar Brothers’ main goal is to enhance the soldiers’ capabilities to effectively perform their mission. We are now looking forward to working alongside the Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S) team to bring the system into service. This Contract win strengthens our growth trajectory and provides us with the opportunity to expand our team by hiring exceptional talent from our local community. We are privileged to supply what we believe to be the finest personal weapon system in the world to the UK MOD.”
Col Paul Cummings, DE&S Dismounted Close Combat Portfolio Leader, said: “Project Hunter has been a fabulous example of close collaboration between the user community, Defence Equipment and Support, and industry to deliver game-changing capability at pace. This will deliver improved lethality into the hands of the Army Special Operations Brigade and is the latest in a range of improved capabilities being operated by the new Ranger Battalions. We look forward to continuing to work closely with Edgar Brothers as we move into the production phase.”
For more information about Edgar Brothers and our products, please visit:
Edgar Brothers will the full system on display at DSEI, booth H2-588.