Officer Watson and his son
If you’re trying to get ready for a military Physical Fitness Test or preparing to go into Boot Camp, Flight or a Police Academy try these simple tips:
1. Challenge yourself to go refined sugar-free 6 days a week. Sweeten your life with lots of fresh fruit!
2. In season, local produce is not only going to taste the best and have more nutrients, but they are also likely to be less $$.
3. When it comes to movement, EVERY little bit counts! So park farther from your destination to get in extra walking, find excuses to take the stairs, do squats while brushing your teeth.
Our friends at SOFWODS instructing
4. Food journal! Your results will most likely be greater by keeping track of your meals.
5. Find a texting buddy to support you on your weight loss journey. Check in daily with him or her.
6. Eat plants foods that you LOVE. And try one new recipe 1x a month.
7. Hydrate 20 minutes before you reach for something to snack on. Sometimes we think we are hungry when we are really dehydrated.
8. Challenge yourself to one new workout every quarter. For example, take a yoga class if you are a runner, etc.
9. Encourage those who are on the same path as you whether it be to get healthier, lose weight, run a 5K. By encouraging others, we lift up ourselves!
10. Wake up and have a mug of warm water with freshly squeezed lemon juice to get your digestion going.