Come play with The Readiness Collective at the country’s largest Natural Disaster Emergency Expo on the 17th and 18th of November at the Javits Center in New York City.
The intent is to spice things up a bit and to challenge the norm. Our theme is making Readiness sexy again and the importance of people x community as a primary part of the equation of proactive readiness.
We would love to invite you to attend the conference on us. Come highlight your expertise through running a fun interactive training session at our location or to jump on a short podcast session with us to record live at the show to discuss any and all things readiness.
These events do not have to be “disaster related” but instead designed to attract people to have fun – we are really working to demonstrate the importance of face to face conversations across typically siloed resource communities and how to think about bringing people together in fun unconventional ways. Our physical training club is dedicated to positioning readiness as a daily discipline and practice no different than diet and exercise. Help us share this ethos and approach with the NDEM community.
We are setting up our mobile podcast studio built into the back of our WWII Land Rover with our partners from Fairfield Land Rover, as well as our canvas wall tent in the main social gathering area of the conference. See photos attached of the setup.
How can your gear, skills, system or product be incorporated? Here are some ideas for quick 30 minute to one hour activations and how you might incorporate:
- “Feeling trapped by conference boredom? come learn to escape and evade in a one hour lock picking class.”
- Goal Zero – The Readiness Collective booth, powered by Goal Zero – We dont need electricity – the first off grid powered podcast studio at Javits
- North American Rescue – Tequila and Tourniquets hosted at The Readiness Collective
- Amazing Brains and Divergence Neuro – tickle some neurons to learn to keep calm under duress
- Unchartered Supply – Yah yah “go bags” – where are you going? The what, why and how around the concept of less is more and skills over equipment.
Here are the open times for slots to run a session:
November 17th: 10:30 – 11:00 11:30 – 12:00, 12:30 – 2:00
November 18th: 10:45 – 12:00, 2:00 – 3:00
We look forward to the potential of collaborating.
You can grab a free pass on us here – but please reach out and confirm that you plan to attend, as slots are limited and let us know what you might be thinking before registering.
Jesse and team